What Tyres - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th April 2019, 14:01 Thread Starter

What Tyres

I am in need of some advice. I will be needing to change my front tyres very soon but the choice is huge.
I have given up reading reviews as one seems to disagree with another, often about the same tyres.
Does anyone know what Ford fit as factory standard. In other words who has bought a brand new B-Max and what was on it?
I am currenlty running Dunlop Blue Resposnse on the rear, with Firestone ER300a on the front.

Willow
Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps Deep Impact Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th April 2019, 17:29
Groupie

I'm retired and have to say I never bother with mainstream tyres eg. Firestone,Dunlop etc. If I was a high mileage sales rep it might be a different matter. I drive 10k a year now. My local Ford dealer fits Landsail. They review well and i am happy with them.

2015 B Max Eco Boost Zetec 125 Tectonic Silver
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th April 2019, 21:14

My advice is to buy the best you can afford, I always change like for like which with this car is Bridgestone; Ford wanted 110 whereas my local dealer charged 90 for the same tyre. Keep well away from your Ford Dealer and go to a local tyre supply company and you'll get a go deal.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th April 2019, 12:37 Thread Starter

bmaxbill; which Bridestone tyres did you fit? I have been looking at the Bridgestone Turanza T005, but some reviews are saying they tend to be a bit noisey

Willow
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th April 2019, 13:32

Goodyear fitted on mine when new.

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th April 2019, 14:50

It boils down to the fact that there is little to choose between the various makes. For general day to day driving anyway.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th May 2019, 21:42 Thread Starter

Well I have gone for the Dunlop Sport Bluresponse all round. I had these tyres on my old Focus and was very impressed.

I am happy to report since ditching the dreadful Firestones it's like driving a different car. Handling has greatly improved, very quiet comfortable drive. Highly recommend them.

Willow
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 9th May 2019, 18:45

I would normally replace like with like using my local tyre dealer unless there is a decent alternative at a significantly lower cost. I generally avoid budgets though

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10th May 2019, 11:00

A number of the brands you’ve probably never heard of, and who may be cheaper are owned by the big names - Pirelli etc.
Black Circles always seem to get good ratings as a supplier.
Formula 1 Autos are cheap (online prices - not if you just turn up needing new tyres), but you often have to wait a while for fitting.
As far as reviews, I use Autoexpress and compare the basic ratings (noise, wet grip etc) on Formula 1 Autos/Black Circles.
Like most things nowadays, you could spend days just reading online reviews! Plus you ideally need to look at reviews for the same, or at least similar car (a review on tyres for a heavy SUV will need naff all when shopping for B Max tyres).
The other thing is Tiff and Plato reviewing a tyre by drifting it round a track on Fifth Gear etc looks good, but in the real world........
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10th May 2019, 16:44

For good advice on tyres, go to Youtube and type in "Auto Expert Tyres" and select the video from June 2017.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page