Ford B-Max Forum banner

What Tyres

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Hadrian1 
#1 ·
I am in need of some advice. I will be needing to change my front tyres very soon but the choice is huge.
I have given up reading reviews as one seems to disagree with another, often about the same tyres.
Does anyone know what Ford fit as factory standard. In other words who has bought a brand new B-Max and what was on it?
I am currenlty running Dunlop Blue Resposnse on the rear, with Firestone ER300a on the front.

#2 ·
I'm retired and have to say I never bother with mainstream tyres eg. Firestone,Dunlop etc. If I was a high mileage sales rep it might be a different matter. I drive 10k a year now. My local Ford dealer fits Landsail. They review well and i am happy with them.

#3 ·
My advice is to buy the best you can afford, I always change like for like which with this car is Bridgestone; Ford wanted £110 whereas my local dealer charged £90 for the same tyre. Keep well away from your Ford Dealer and go to a local tyre supply company and you'll get a go deal.

#7 ·
Well I have gone for the Dunlop Sport Bluresponse all round. I had these tyres on my old Focus and was very impressed.

I am happy to report since ditching the dreadful Firestones it's like driving a different car. Handling has greatly improved, very quiet comfortable drive. Highly recommend them.

#9 ·
A number of the brands you’ve probably never heard of, and who may be cheaper are owned by the big names - Pirelli etc.
Black Circles always seem to get good ratings as a supplier.
Formula 1 Autos are cheap (online prices - not if you just turn up needing new tyres), but you often have to wait a while for fitting.
As far as reviews, I use Autoexpress and compare the basic ratings (noise, wet grip etc) on Formula 1 Autos/Black Circles.
Like most things nowadays, you could spend days just reading online reviews! Plus you ideally need to look at reviews for the same, or at least similar car (a review on tyres for a heavy SUV will need naff all when shopping for B Max tyres).
The other thing is Tiff and Plato reviewing a tyre by drifting it round a track on Fifth Gear etc looks good, but in the real world........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.