Fuel MPG Remap - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 5th January 2016, 20:46 Thread Starter

Hi

I have a 2013 b-max 1.0 (125). i drive mainly just around down and average 31 mpg which I am quite dissapointed with. Would an ecg remap make a difference to the MPG?

Anyone tried this>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 6th January 2016, 14:17
Groupie

Hi Ahmedz
No experience with this I'm afraid.

I've often thought about an engine re-map for my B-Max, but for different reasons, as I have the 100PS 1.0l EcoBoost engine rather than the 125.

Any potential improvement in MPG would need to be compared to the number of miles driven against the actualcost of a re-map. Would your fuel cost saving pay-back the re-map cost?

Some people seem to say that a fuel economy re-map does work, without them actually quoting how much of a difference was made.

However, if you are mostly driving your B-Max for short trips around town, then you may not actually see any real improvement for the cost.

Most people can achieve their own improvements to MPG by making changes to driving style etc.

My B-Max has now covered just over 13k miles and indicates an MPG figure of around 45. My driving is mostly a 7-mile commute each way to and from work, plus slightly longer journeys at weekends, and then the odd long run every now and again -A lot less than the manufacturerstated economy figure.

All the best with your decision.

Wayne

1.0T EcoBoost 100
Ink Blue
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 6th January 2016, 17:07

Hi, my 1.ltr zetec ecoboost 100ps is booked in for its first service on the 21st of Jan. I am still only acheiving 36.7 mpg inspite of all my efforts to the contrary so have highlited this to be the main focus of the service. Will keep my fingers crossed for a satisfactory
outcome and will report result in due course. Wishing all you b maxers a great 2016.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 8th January 2016, 08:41

i had my dealer look at my Bmax 1.0 100ps due to not getting anywhere near the quoted mpgjust got usual dribble that the mpg quoted is test conditions etc
i'm getting an average of 44 mpg
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 8th January 2016, 11:29

Thanks for reply dazznutts. I am expecting a similar response, but will hope for a positive outcome. If i could acheive 44 mpg it would be a 7.3 improvement over my present mpg! Excepting the poor fuel economy i cant fault the b max so far.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 8th January 2016, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazznutts
i had my dealer look at my Bmax 1.0 100ps due to not getting anywhere near the quoted mpgjust got usual dribble that the mpg quoted is test conditions etc
i'm getting an average of 44 mpg
You will never get quoted mpg.

The quote is purely to enable you to compare like with unlike.

If it was what you should achieve, how can they take into account your light or heavy foot? Body weight etc.

So, they remove everything that they are supposed to in the regulators guidance and then run the test indoors to cut out hills and wind.

Now you should be able to some extent to be able to compare a B-MAX with another make of similar design and engine size/type.

You have to enquire around and then take the average of the result of your enquiry as what you could expect from your B-MAX

You could start a thread here Entitled - your real on the road mpg (no comments - just engine, gearbox, fuel, mileage, usual number of bodies in the car (alive) and mpg please) Comments in the corresponding Real mpg comment thread.

Then we could all do some research!

Mine: 1.25PS 1L Ecoboost manual over 3 years average 46.7 mpg, petrol, 20k. 2 bodies

Current: Same vehicle 36.1 mpg 450 miles (similar to the old car at that stage. 2 bodies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10th January 2016, 00:43

A small point to note, especially if you drive the stop/start models of any car. The town fuel figures have to include an amount of static running, for the EU fuel figures to count. So the manufacturers start introducing stop/start so that the time the TEST vehicle was static running, it wasn't actually running. Thus making the mpg figures look oustandingly unrealistic! I do believe the time has to be around the 3 minute mark that the vehicle has to be static. That's a lot of time for a vehicle during test conditions given the weight and road conditions of the testing environment. Be happy with the car you buy!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12th January 2016, 12:46 Thread Starter

2013 1.0 ecoboost 125

Local driving get 31mpg
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12th January 2016, 15:08

2015 1.6 petrol auto Titanium XAveraging about 41mpg

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12th January 2016, 15:12

Car coming up to one yr old, 8500 milesaveraging 44 mpg.

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page