Servicing Costs - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 30th April 2019, 14:17 Thread Starter

Servicing Costs

Hi all
I’ve read previous older entries on here, but wondered what owners are currently paying for annual services?
Been quoted 295 for a fairly basic - oil, air oil, fuel and pollen filters, on our 2014 1.6d.
I’ve already changed the oil since the last service (about 8,000 miles ago just before I bought it from a Ford Dealer) and am probably quite capable of carrying out the rest myself (armed with YouTube/Google). Obviously I wouldn't get the book stamped though. Unless I’m not aware of something particularly expensive/difficult on the B Max this seems damned expensive!

Noticed the dipstick rising up a couple of times recently and allowing a small amount of oil to spray out. Am assuming it could be the crankcase breather hose either leaking or blocked - will order a new one and fit ASAP - meanwhile nylon ties fitted to stop the dipstick rising up again.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 30th April 2019, 15:41

Is it a Diesel ? on a Diesel the sump oil rising is usually the leakback pipe putting Diesel into the sump, very dangerous because it dilutes the lubricating oil.

Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 30th April 2019, 17:53 Thread Starter

Yes, a 1.6d. Oh, I’ll look that up, thanks
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 8th May 2019, 15:42 Thread Starter

Red face Done

Well, no feedback given (thanks Jack for the info re oil), so I can't compare. But FYI everyone I got it serviced for 149 by main dealer plus half price MOT, so 'reasonable'. And it passed (after rectifying one minor issue, which didn't cost me anything)!

Wish they'd put notes in the service book as to what has been carried out - went back to Ford Huddersfield who were able to give me full details of previous services (they were the only ones the car had been taken to before now). Turned out I'd been quoted originally for work not due till next year or beyond!

The video message of the underside of the car and a running commentary was a nice touch.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 26th May 2019, 13:14

Took my 1.5 D in to Halfords Autocentre for a full service (which doesn't include fuel filter) and it cost 189. They have a list or what the price includes on their website

https://www.halfordsautocentres.com/car-servicing

2012 B-Max 1.5 TDCI Zetec
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 27th May 2019, 08:58

I took a vehicle of mine to be serviced at Halfords, quite a few years ago.

I wouldn't go there again, even though I live right next door to them.
Maybe things have changed over the years, but the people they employed were
fitters, not mechanics. They were on a basic wage, and encouraged to find work
to do on cars, for which they were given bonuses. As I said, things may have
changed now ? Although a friend took his Kia people carrier into his local branch
last year, and they couldn't even do an oil change properly.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 28th May 2019, 16:08

I have just had my B-Max serviced at Lancashire Ford, fourth service 50,000 miles 253, I thought this was OK.

Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 10:52

1.0 B Max. 1st service cost about 200, second service cost the same and they say 3rd service will cost about 300 as it is a full service

I did ask them to rotate the tyres, but they said they would charge extra as they don't take the wheels off for the first 2 services.

At least the car comes back clean and vacuumed, though they invariably managed to chip the paint or scratch it somewhere along the line.

They won't accept that the automatic wiper sensitivity switch has never worked though and they also turn the dashcam up towards the roof before starting the work.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 29th May 2019, 16:43

I always turn the auto wipers off in the vehicle settings, works much better for me in manual.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 30th May 2019, 00:26

I'm inclined to agree with you Jack, though I had autowipe on my 2007 Fiesta and it was great. I would keep it on mid sensitivity and just adjust it up and down a bit where needed. On the B Max, the sensitivity switch has no affect whatsoever.

I've switched it off in the vehicle settings several times and switched it back on again but I may well turn it off permanently.

It's very annoying that the dealer (Trustford Bristol) won't accept that there is an issue. Of course there is very little I can do to prove it. Maybe my next car will have to be something other than a Ford.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page