Ford B-Max Forum banner

Wear on drivers seat belt

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  thassan60 
#1 ·
My drivers seat belt is showing signs of wear, it looks like it's catching inside the mechanism so the belt has worn, it passed the MOT this year but Ford said it may not next year if it gets any worse, they quoted me over £320 +VAT to replace it. Do any members know of anywhere cheaper? I live in London.

#3 ·
Hi
I phoned this company and explained about the seat belt attached to the seat and there being no post between front and rear seats, he knew exactly the car I was talking about, checked it out on his computer and quoted from £150 - £180 + VAT max, 2/3 hours work. Big saving on Fords! Many thanks.

#4 ·
Be careful with what constitutes an MOT failure when it comes to wear. The rules for passenger cars are far less stringent than HGVs or Buses for example. If it just a bit frayed, you can "carefully" burn the edges or even iron them.

#5 ·
Hi Babs I have the same issue as you with regards to the seat belt unfortunately my B Max failed it's MOT because of this. I was wondering if you had your seat belt changed and was also wondering if the company in North London removed and replaced the belt for you? If not do any members have any info on removing a seat belt that comes off of the seat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.