Ford B-Max Forum banner

sony stereo

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  maxfan 
#1 ·
Hi, Just paid £109 for diagnostic check on my stereo to be told it needs replacing at a whopping cost of £600. Can I simply replace the amp? And keep the existing facing. No sound comes from the unit however the display works as do all the functions. Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I hear what your saying but it is just quick connect plugs at the back of the Amp and the amp is straight forward to remove. My question is will everything be compatible-The new amp plugged inti the old facing/control unit, Pretty sure it will be? Surely

#5 ·
Only just seen this. I'm really not sure how to link another thread/post I have put on here previously about the same fault. But!
If your local ford dealer or the direct approach to ford doesn't offer up any financial assistance or the BMAX is too old, then having had my centre console to bits and almost self diagnosed the fault to perfection. Had I not got a 50% discount on the part and fitting, I would have just made sure I got the exact part number of the "Stereo" and this is because it all depends on the extras that are fitted t the car, i.e sat nav, reverse camera or front sensors. But the "Stereo" control units are available on a well known internet selling site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.