What does Park Pilot do? - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10th December 2018, 17:02 Thread Starter

What does Park Pilot do?

I bought a 2013 B Max a few months ago but the garage had lost the manual, so I was just using an online one, and it doesn't seem full of information. The garage wasn't a Ford garage (it was a trade-in used car) so they didn't know much, and I'm still discovering new things. The car has a built in reversing camera and parking sensors.

I've only today worked out that there are buttons on the dash to control the camera, like zooming and turning on and off grid lines. I can also turn on 'park pilot', but I'm unclear what it does. It seem to show me a greater area made up of squares around the car. Googling only gives me info about the newer (?) version of park pilot that seem to be about parallel parking for you, and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't do that! (Would be nice though). So what is it all about? Are the squares just the shape of the car or something?

thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th December 2018, 17:55 Thread Starter

No-one uses this feature that can help?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th December 2018, 18:01

I don't have it, so sorry can't help you.

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th December 2018, 18:44

I don't have it either
There are YouTube videos of it being used. Not on a Bmax, but on a Fiesta.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th December 2018, 19:27 Thread Starter

thanks. I've seen a couple of videos on other models, but they seem to be the more modern version that actually directs the parallel parking, which this isn't. But I'm sure it must do something - so far, the only difference seems to be that more squares are shown on the screen instead of just lines. I'm sure there's more to it than that! Or at least, an explanation somewhere of what it means. And the general car manual is no help - it didn't even mention that the buttons on the dash to control the camera existed, let alone what they do (they turn the grid lines on and off, they let you zoom, and they turn this park pilot thing on and off).
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th December 2018, 23:54

You can probably find out all you need to know, by trial and error.
In a safe environment of course
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th December 2018, 15:22

I too have the rear camera and sensors, along with front ford parking sensors and I think I have seen park pilot on my menu system, so I shall have a look and see what I can remember about it with what it does. I do know that it doesn't self park though.

1.6 tdci, remapped to 120 bhp, Panther Black Titanium with rear view camera, nav pac and front sensors. Always willing to stop & help in any situation I can. Karma is a beautiful thing.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th December 2018, 23:23

I have rear parking sensors and when I reverse, the park pilot notification comes on. It is simply an indication that the rear sensors have been activated (by selecting reverse gear).

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 16th December 2018, 14:46 Thread Starter

I think mine is more than that. I can switch the park-pilot option on or off via the dashboard buttons, and it doesn't change whether the camera/rear sensors are on. It changes the view in the camera - more squares not just guidlines, and I assume that it somehow represents the shape of the car, but I'm not thoroughly clear on how! Sadly not self-parking, though I wish it were. But some info about what the lines/squares show would be good.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 19th December 2018, 19:05

Having had a quick look at mine, I couldn't find the 'Park Pilot' function, but.... I do recll that in with the squares and grids there is also a set of lines and a dotted centre line, which is indicitive of kerbs an a centre line shown on the camera. That's the best I've got.

1.6 tdci, remapped to 120 bhp, Panther Black Titanium with rear view camera, nav pac and front sensors. Always willing to stop & help in any situation I can. Karma is a beautiful thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page