Ford B-Max Forum banner

Rear creaking/knock sound

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  number6 
#1 ·
15 plate B MAX. Am now noticing a creak/knock sound seemingly coming from rear offside when going over bumps or turning sharply. Anyone else had this issue? Still under warranty so will be seeking garage advice also. Could it be anything to do with adjustment needed to sliding door?

#3 ·
MOH said:
15 plate B MAX. Am now noticing a creak/knock sound seemingly coming from rear offside when going over bumps or turning sharply. Anyone else had this issue? Still under warranty so will be seeking garage advice also. Could it be anything to do with adjustment needed to sliding door?
Mine does that occasionally, always sounding like it comes from the right rear coil spring (assuming there is a coil spring there) It sounds like it just catches on something when all the weight goes on that corner and then does a clunk/boing as the weight comes off.
I mentioned it when I first had the car. They said nothing was wrong, 'just one of those things'. Or maybe several of 'those things' as it happens every 4 - 6 weeks.

#8 ·
The noises are exactly as described by others - creaking sound when changing from flat to a gradient. I believe it may be torsion (causing noises from the tailgate hinges) as a result of body shell twist, but before mine goes in next week, I wanted to know what others had been told by Ford.

There is nothing in the boot that would make this sort of sound.

#11 ·
My noise was when turning sharp left and seemed to come from the rear right corner. It sounded like a coil spring to me, as if something was rubbing past another piece of metal when the spring was fully compressed. Ford dealer could find nothing and it was still there when it passed MOT and was traded in.

#12 ·
Hi number6,

I know this is an old post, but I have not had my B-Max all that long.
I was wondering if you got your B-Max's rear end clunk sorted out as mine does what sounds like a very similar noise, except that it does it when turning at a righthand corner.
If you did I would grateful if you could let me know what the cause was.

Best regards,

EASYDOZIT

#13 ·
Hi EASYDOZIT,
I don't have the car any more but it still did it when I traded it in. The dealer buying the car noticed it and asked me about it. I referred him to the Ford dealer who said nothing was wrong. He checked with them and was happy so maybe nothing was wrong. It's what they now call a 'characteristic' of the model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.