Powershift new Clutch pack ordered. - Page 3 - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 25th April 2018, 08:58

Looks interesting, did he come to a Slow stop? Or a quick one on the brakes? Nice empty roads in the US I will be lucky in London! Mine is not bad right now, had mint clutch replaced last year. But I don't do a lot of mileage. Did he mention a manual gearbox too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 25th April 2018, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hello All

I was first in here in 2016, I bought a 12 plate then, judder was there, updated computer on it, changed the clutch last year, there is a new manager is my branch, he speaks in a roundabout way. There are no updates on these clutches, one min, he said they can't get it right and stopped doing them now! The next min, oh yes they have improved them, nonsense, nothing ever in writing from them, they will diagnose if I pay 99, then change the clutch again, although it's not juddering too much, I thought I'd get longer if I had it changed, as initially he offered an extended warranty of 2 years with me paying 25% but since told me today, it's about 3,000 to change them! Your thoughts anyone - thanks
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 21st May 2018, 17:29

I have had my Ford B-max (2014) for a year, ex-mobility car full Ford service history in which during the time l have had it l have done less than 4000 miles. It just just turned the clock on 37,000 miles.
Already it needs a clutch pack and Ford are refusing to do anything, so l assume that the B-max will be needing a clutch pack around every 36,000 miles at a cost of over 1000.00 each time.This is a sharp lesson in knowing never to buy Ford products.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 21st May 2018, 19:04

I don't think I would accept that from Ford. It was my understanding that the Powershift was covered for 5 years (?) It is a known fault which they are obliged to put right.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 21st May 2018, 19:19

It is five years, yes. As to whether Ford are obliged to put it right, technically yes. However, whether they will do so depends to some degree on the attitude of your Ford dealer. If, as appears to be the case, you have any trouble getting them to do the work, ring Ford customer services first, and if their response isn't satisfactory then write a polite but strongly worded letter to the head of Ford UK. I'm sure someone here will have the address.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 21st May 2018, 19:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrian1
I don't think I would accept that from Ford. It was my understanding that the Powershift was covered for 5 years (?) It is a known fault which they are obliged to put right.
My recollection, from Ford dealer, is that, when the powershift problem first appeared, they thought it could be fixed with software updates or, at worst, a new 'control module', hence the extended guarantee was on the control module not the whole clutch. As the problem became one of replacement clutch packs, the situation became a bit muddy on warranty. It does seem to be how hard the FORD dealer pushes and which person at Ford they speak to.
Interesting link to Honest John. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/120741/b-max---gearbox

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 21st May 2018, 23:21

Many thanks, the last word l had was after l sent an email to Andy Barratt to say that as l purchased the vehicle out of warranty so they would not help. It was 37 months old when l purchased it and it is now 49 months old with 37,000 mile on the clock.I was under the impression that there should be a life expectancy on these car parts.
I am thinking about contacting Trading Standards to see if they might look at this.

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2018, 09:27

As they know it's a manufacturing defect and not wear and tear, they should be obliged to fix it.

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2018, 09:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrian1
As they know it's a manufacturing defect and not wear and tear, they should be obliged to fix it.

They have never admitted 'a manufacturing defect' and are not likely to do so.

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 22:20

I'm on the verge of buying a 2016 BMax 1.6 auto. Judging by all the above comments, shall I cancel the purchase and look elsewhere?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page