Powershift new Clutch pack ordered. - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th November 2017, 16:35 Thread Starter

Hi my car is under months old and ford confirmed to the dealer that my powershift warranty is 7 years from the date the new Clutch pack was installed. So I am more than happy with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th November 2017, 17:15

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll ring our dealer and get them to check with Ford to make sure they're aware of the further 2 year extension.

Given this information, I might even hang onto the car for a bit longer than I originally intended.

Can't imagine that Ford would view my car any differently, given that the clutch pack is virtually brand new.

Edited by: desthemoaner
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 14th November 2017, 20:47 Thread Starter

Ment to say under 12 months old.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 26th February 2018, 14:45

I ha e a BMax 2014 had a new Clutch pack 13 months ago the problem is back
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 4th March 2018, 17:41

When I bought my (2014) BMax in October 2017, I was told the car had the updated clutch.
It now only has about 5,500 miles on the clock, and have noticed a slight judder on acceleration when it gets hot. As I only use this car for short journeys, it doesn't often get that hot.
On another BMax forum, a woman said she'd had the clutch on her 9,000mile mobility car changed three times.
Take this with a pinch of salt if you wish, but I did see it suggested that it's the way people drive these cars. BMax owners don't tend to be boy racers. What he did, (as a car mechanic) was give them
the "Italian Service". Get the car hot, stop on a quiet bit of straight road, and floor the loud pedal. Do this three times and he reckoned this cured the problem. I haven't tried it yet.

What Ford should have done, is used a CVT gearbox. Even if it meant making one under license from another manufacturer. Touch wood, I've never had a problem with my Civic Hybrid, which has a CVT..
I intend replacing that with a Lexus hybrid, which also has a CVT gearbox.

Just to add, I was told the gearbox warranty was 5 yrs. Usually with a repair under the original car warranty, the warranty period isn't extended. For instance, if your NEW car has a 24 month warranty and you make a claim for a new gearbox at 20 months, that gearbox will only be covered for the remainder of the warranty period of 4 months. That's the way it used to work anyway, maybe things have changed over the years ?

Edited by: Hadrian1
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 4th March 2018, 18:45

A couple of points...1.
I had two early replacement clutch packs. Both failed, hardly surprising as I found out later that they were 'old' design but Ford and their dealers had to clear these from the shelves first. The new design IS a fix, when you get it.
When the judder first appeared, Ford believed that it could be fixed by software updates and, if necessary, a replacement electronic control unit. It is this unit that the extended warranty applies to NOT the clutch pack.

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 24th April 2018, 18:39

Hello All

I was first in here in 2016, I bought a 12 plate then, judder was there, updated computer on it, changed the clutch last year, there is a new manager is my branch, he speaks in a roundabout way. There are no updates on these clutches, one min, he said they can't get it right and stopped doing them now! He's offered, nothing ever in writing from them, to diagnose if I pay 99, then change the clutch again, although it's not juddering too much, I thought I'd get longer put if him, as initially he offered an extended warranty if 2 years with me laying 25% bit since told me today, it's about 3,000 to change them! Your thoughts anyone - thanks
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 24th April 2018, 18:55

Course it is!! they can't fix it, they've stopped doing them now! I would action something with ombudsman but they never put anything in writing! Oh believe me, I've had my clutch changed, it costs 3,000 so I'm told, the extended two year warranty offered to me they want 25% paid by me [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] disgusting, sold the car to me in 2016 faulty!! Told them to change the clutch again before it gets a proper judder back, because they give a 12 month warranty on it! This new manager admitted, it will never be fixed! Only when he thought I might want a new one!!!! One service guy who left to work for another car could, told me they can't fix it and to sell it on! Why charge me?? Anybody else been told this? I will go back to Janet in complaints?!
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 24th April 2018, 18:57

Did you get that in writing?? Never do I get anything?
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 24th April 2018, 19:11

As I mentioned in a previous post, there is nothing to lose by trying this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msA0p87O2y4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page