Dashcam - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2016, 20:34 Thread Starter

I'm thinking of installing a dashcam and the Nextbase products seem to get good reviews. I was going to hard wire it but found that Halfords will save me the aggro for 30.
Three problems I can foresee though:

1. I read somewhere that the cameras seem to focus on the filaments in the heated windscreen - anyone had a problem with that?

2. I was thinking of placing it behind the rear view mirror but isn't that where the sensors are for the autowipers and autolights?

Any thoughts? Anyone else have a dashcam that would like to share their experiences.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 22nd November 2016, 23:27

Hi, just joined site, fitted a next base duo cam today in my car (1 plate titanium x) hard wired it in, you have tofind a ignition controlled live do not use the 12volt accessary sockets as they are permanently live, mount camera to the left of mirror the windscreen filaments do not affect the camera mine works fine

djg
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2016, 14:32 Thread Starter

Thanks David, That's exactly what I was thinking. I have a MK7 Fiesta at present and the accessory socket is also always live on that.
I guess slightly left of the mirror makes it accessible, does not interfere with your view and doesn't affect the auto lights or wipers.

The duocam looks good, but at 200, a little more than I had intended to pay.

Edited by: cianpars

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 31st December 2016, 13:05

Hi sorry to ask you a different question but I am thinking of buying a Titanium 123 BHP but unsure of the MPG they get as on a test drive I was getting 30, can you advise what kind of mileage you get please

Bob Brown
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 31st December 2016, 15:38

Lots of past discussion here on MPG. Do a site search "MPG" to find it.

My own car (1.0 Eco 125ps - nearly 2 yrs old is around 42 mpg urban and 48mpg on a long run.

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 31st December 2016, 15:50

Hi BobAfraid my car is a 1.6 auto having said that I get 30 mpg around town and 48/50 mpg on a long run the reason I only get 30mpg is because the auto box will not go into 5/6 gear under 30 mph even if you try it manually. Not worried about consumption as I don't do a lot of miles lovely car though
David

djg
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2017, 07:32

Please, do not spend money on something under Vico Marcus 4! In case you'll NEED those images, no matter if there will be a breath-taking mountain panorama, or the video that will prove your innocence in case of collision, they have to be the best.
Have a look: http://www.vicovation.com/default.asp?lang=engEdited by: vdragoslav

No more waiting for B-MAX TITANIUM with TITANIUM pack (no \"Follow me home\"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), 1.5 TDCi 95 Frozen white, Driver pack 2, Winter pack and panoramic roof built on 14th of February: I have it! :>
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 28th January 2017, 16:45

I have a Garmin Nuvicam. It has a 6 inch screen and as well as being an excellent dashcam it is a voice activated satnav it also warns you when you get too close to the car infront and when you go over lane lines. You can add a wireless reversing camera as well. My last car, a 08 Fiesta was destroyed by a white van man who ran a red light and the video quality was brilliant, it left no doubt about who was at fault.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 28th January 2017, 17:34

IF I wanted something to nag me when I was driving too close I would get married

Seriously such systems can be a pain if not properly calibrated. I was a passenger in car with a lane warning system which was a real pain as it beeped madly in all sorts of daft places including when overtaking.

KeithW
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2017, 20:09

Hi Keith.

The good thing about the nuvicam is you can turn the warnings off!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page