Cruise control - Ford B-Max Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 18th July 2016, 18:53 Thread Starter

Does anybody know how easy it is to install cruise control and can it be fitted without going through the dealers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 18th July 2016, 19:18

I would think it would be impossible to add Cruise Control after the car is built.

Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 18th July 2016, 19:30 Thread Starter

A friend has bought a Vauxhall Antarra without cruise control but found out that most cars now have it pre installed but just needs to be connected. He purchased a new indicator stalk with cruise control switch fitted and installed it himself thus enabling cruise control.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 19th July 2016, 08:31

I had not thought of that Northy, if that is the case go ahead and make further inquiries.

Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 19th July 2016, 22:33

Hi Northy. I too had a friend who retrospectively fitted cruise to his VW Passat without going through a dealer, just an indicator stalk and a bit of wire. Slightly more tricky than that but you know what i mean. Although the Bmax has the cruise within the steering wheel, I figure if it can be done it will be more tricky than doing the indicator stalk. The Air bag and stereo controls all runthrough the squib behind the steering wheel. Unless you can find someone who knows for sure this can or can't be done, I would look behind the wheel first to see if the wires are actually in place before proceding any further.

1.6 tdci, remapped to 120 bhp, Panther Black Titanium with rear view camera, nav pac and front sensors. Always willing to stop & help in any situation I can. Karma is a beautiful thing.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 20th July 2016, 06:34 Thread Starter

Many thanks for that bit of information Instructor, I will have a think about it.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 20th July 2016, 16:29
Groupie

During my negotiation with the dealer, he offered one car without cruise control (at a discount price), so I asked about the posibility of later instalation. It turns out to be possible, but new steering wheel must be ordered, dont remember exact price, but it was a lot of .
When I mentioned that it was a show-stopper for me, he digged deeper into inventory, and voila - B-Max with cruise control available in stock [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
It was a bit more expensive, but only about 100

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 13th March 2017, 23:56

hello i did the same "mistake" i purchased a bmax 1.5 tdci without cruise control so if anyone find a sollution about how to install one plz post it
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 15th March 2017, 15:21

Hi, I had a Kia Sedona that did not have cruise. There are firms who retro fit them to any car. Cost about 350 for the Sedona. It looked like it was original to the car.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 15th March 2017, 20:27

Should't be a showstopper in the UK as the traffic is to heavy to use it most of the tine unless you like driving on motorways at 2 oclock in the morning.

Fo me it has some uses as i can pull intoo the nearside lane and switch to 50 or 60 when my right leg cramps.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page