Cruise control - Page 2 - Ford B-Max Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 15th March 2017, 21:26

I tend to agree. My last three cars all had cruise and the use of it is limited as you say. On Sunday Morning I drove from mid Wales to the West Midlands and almostevery time I activated cruise I ended up canceling it within a very short time. If I didn't have cruise, I wouldn't miss it, but in some cases it depends where you live.It will mean a new steering with thecruise switches and rotary coupler connections. Not cheap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 16th March 2017, 21:20

I use the cruise control mainly passing through sections of road with average speed cameras. A better option which Ford don't seem to offer is a speed limiter. Like the cruise control it stops you going too fast but allows you full control apart from that.

KeithW
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th March 2017, 08:14
Groupie

It does - actually [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
There is so called "My key" option that can define speed limiter linked to particular key, so you can borrow the car to your kid with limited speed (disclaimer - I never bother to try it myself :-)

The other point is about "full control" - even if cruise control is ON, you can still accelerate past that speed, it will just slow down to the set speed when you remove your foot from the accelerator. And you can allways brake, that wil cancel the cruise control.
But since it is just and old fashioned fixed speed controler, usualy the traffic is too heavy for comfortable use, and I don't use it so much I thought I would.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th March 2017, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
It does - actually [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
There is so called "My key" option that can define speed limiter linked to particular key, so you can borrow the car to your kid with limited speed (disclaimer - I never bother to try it myself :-)
How do you access the "My Key" please?

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th March 2017, 12:26

As I understand it, mykey is pretty useless in that it only sounds a warning when a set speed is exceeded.

If i let the kids borrow the car, i want it to set a limit that cannot be exceeded.

Ive also measured the speedometer with 2 different gps devices and found it to under read by around 10%, so i can exceed average speed limits a little with no proobs.

In the uk, the police allow 10% plus 2 mph meaning i can drive at 77 on tbe speedo plus 9 mph which equals 84 mph approx. I drive at 80 on the spƩdo usually.Edited by: cianpars

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th March 2017, 12:27

If it is the case that it is installed but needs the correct steering wheel, then you can grab one from eBay for <£100 at the moment.

I'd be interested to know for certain if it is possible.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th March 2017, 12:34

I would still like to know how to access 'My Key', please.

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 17th March 2017, 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6
I would still like to know how to access 'My Key', please.
If you go into the vehicle menu on the display, full instructions are given.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 29th March 2017, 09:37

Looking at the rear of a steering wheel with cruise control on eBay, and it appears to have a single connector plug coming out of it. I wonder if a wheel without cruise control has the same connector but with connections missing.... I really would love to find out if it would work, but I don't want to spend just shy of £100 to find out that it doesn't work!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 1st April 2017, 15:10

Mykey is not going to work for this. The simple reality is that on a trip to South Wales I went through multiple sets of average speed cameras with limits varying from 40 to 70 mph. My brothers Vauxhall as a speed limiter that you can just set on the fly as you do for cruise control.

KeithW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page