fitting a tow bar - Ford B-Max Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By stephenbmax

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th August 2015, 13:51 Thread Starter

[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Hi
I am trying to fit a tow bar which is frustrating me. Does anyone know how to remove the rear bumper?
b4max likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th August 2015, 16:15

Sollisk posted this last year.

<div ="msg">
Hi So had a look and worked it out.

For anybody else who has to take off rear bumper.

2 visible screws each side of the boot opening, Star
head
screws

2 plastic
rivet

type things each side , in the wheel arches, the type you push the pin
into the middle when in place and it splays out the ends.

just above where one of these plastic rivet things there is a bolt that holds the bumper to the car.

Underneath there are 2 more rivet things holding the bumper to an underside frame.

best to take the 2 rear light pods off, pull back
carpet
and there is one screw on a stick coming out of the pod
assembly
. undo this and the pod comes out.

then pull around the bits still connected and it will pop off. careful around the light pods as it seems to get stuck here.

This worked for me 1.4 model.

Kevin

Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 8th February 2020, 16:28

Thanks stepenbmax and jackkook for posting this thread.
Having bought the Tow Trust tow bar and read their instructions I'm having dificulty interpreting the text.I attach a link to their instruction pdf.chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://tow-trust.s3.amazonaws.com/instructions/TFD6.pdf
The problem is the inconsistency of the description. Without an illustration of the exact location or better indication of the "Fixings" trying to find the "six fixings along the lower edge " has become a frustration.Without being pedantic it would be a help if the definition of a fixing is a plastic rivet ,a metal nut ,stud or wtf. The first part of the guide explains where to find the fixings around the door opening and in the wheel arch,Great , but then vaguely refers to 6 along the lower edge.Great????! after looking ,looking and more looking I'm sure they've either mixed up the instructions with a different vehicle or these are not applicable to my 2017 B-Max.Do they mean the total 6 metal nuts securing the bumber to metalwork ??
Would like to see a Youtube vid of this excercise which is sadly lacking..
Any further clues out there would be greatly appreciated..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TFD6.pdf (237.4 KB, 7 views)
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 13th February 2020, 20:52

Some good news and bad news. The bad first.... That famous sweedish department store that was recently sued for selling DIY home assembly flat pack beds that collapsed whenever they were subject to the slightest activity, causing physical and physiological injury, has unfortunately sacked the author that wrote the assembly instructions.
Good news is that he is now writing the DIY installation guide for a whole range of tow bars, the B-Max in particular…..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page