Judder discovered - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 30th April 2015, 09:00 Thread Starter

We have a B-Max auto and have found a judder when pulling away. Took car to main dealer to take alook. That afternoon they confirmed fault common to this automatic model. Dealer informed me they will fit a new clutch pack, but estimated it will take upto two weeks before car will be repaired and ready to collect. Our car is under 2 years old and only has approx 5000 miles on the clock.
Will keep you posted once work completed. Far from being happy.
Only consolation car still within 2 year warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 27th May 2015, 12:47

Have the same problem have took it too fords and there trying too tell me it needed a software update, a fool can tell this is a mechanical not electrical fault, on way too collect will keep you posted
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 31st May 2015, 20:10

I bought a 2nd hand b-max 62 plate with 7k on clock had it 3 weeks and now have clutch judder on pulling away .
Got it booked in for 10 June they say they will reset computer , but if persists will replace clutch , my question is
What is different about the new clutch to,stop same thing happening in another 8k miles ?
Wilseewhat happens after 10th
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 1st June 2015, 10:28

I would assume that because the software settings are incorrect that part do not move together as they should. This would cause wear and/or partial slipping which results in judder as it tries to work.

If the computer is reset to new settings this should stop the problem.

What i wonder is, as ear takes place does this affect the computer settings and does this mean a reset every so often?

I assume my clutch is controlled in a similar manner although mine is not automatic. I do really abuse the clutch with progressive quick driving and am always changing down to get quite acceleration. So far after nearly three years, no problems.

At one time I could smell the clutch burning when try to mount a high kerb fully laden.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 13th June 2015, 08:09

Well sware reset and seems ok so far but not been on a long drive yet have to wait and see if it's fixed
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 16th June 2015, 15:46

Fingers crossed it's sorted for you, keep us updated.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2015, 14:04

Judder is common on 13 reg auto.usual procedure seems to be reset computor then change clutch.I had to go on waiting list for new clutch as they were in short supply.Its usually a poor oil seal the culprit.lots expained on utube as most of usa fords fiestas have autos and its the same unit.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2015, 14:19

Welcome Norman, how many miles have you done since it was fixed ?

Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2015, 14:31

5000miles ...when fitted transmission felt ' tight' but that disappeared after 1000 miles and now it feels normal,saying that with everything crossed!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2015, 15:51

Hi Norman, We have had the new Cluctch, all has been fine , but we now have the Judder back, our bmax is book to go back in next week.

I would like to know if Ford read any of these comments?

David \'O\'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page