Ford B-Max Forum banner

Hi Guys

7K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ScottRose 
#1 ·
Just found this forum because I'm interested in people's views on the B Max. I've had mine for 18 months now and though I love it there are a few things I find odd.Maybe once I look around I'll elaborate, I just want to see if anyone else has found the same as myself first.

Edited by: Rondy

#3 ·
Hi Hywel,

Well, I've had my B Max for some 18 months now. Previously I had a Ford Focus diesel.
Firstly I have been surprised at how sluggish it performs from a standing start. I find it difficult to keep
up with other vehicles until on a dual carriageway or motorway then all seems well.
Then there's condensation that I've never had in any vehicle before, well not as bad and regular
as in this B Max. I have to have the demister and air con even constantly.
I mentioned this to the Ford dealer's mechanic when I took it for it's first service but he couldn't
find a reason for it. Only thing he seemed to be concerned with was whether anything within the car
was damp and of course I'd already checked that.

Anyway, those are my only gripes, but I must add that I am a great fan of Ford's and have had a Ford
car for 40 years.
I'm not changing now especially that Ford are the only vehicles to have the heated front windscreen.
Just that when I'm ready to change I'll go back to the Focus.
I hope this explains.

#4 ·
Hi Rondy, no one else has mentioned the condensation so there must be something wrong with yours but it will be difficult to find, you say it is sluggish, which engine gearbox have you got ?

#5 ·
Agree with Rondy I had the 1.5d and now have a picasso 1.6d which is a joy to drive as far as lively performance is concerned. I really loved the handling of the BMax but have no regrets re change. I understand the BMax with the 1.6d (same engine as Picasso) is a different kettle of fish!. Happy motoring and keep it between the hedges.

#9 ·
Search freight transportation company

Greetings all. Attaching my message to this post. Need to move my car from California to Washington. Could you help me with a recommendation, reliable and trusted trucking company. Maybe someone this year has used some companies, preferably with good reviews and prices. Thanks in advance for all the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.