Ford B-Max Forum banner

B-Max Alarm

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gremlin 
#1 ·
Hi all
I've just bought a 2nd hand B-Max (2015). The alarm keeps going off and the 'Bonnet open' alert appears on the display window. The bonnet isn't open but the car's obviously confused. I took it to a couple of garages and looks like I need to buy a new bonnet lock/latch for at least £200
I just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience and could shed light on any options I might have? I've never had a car with an alarm before and would be happy not to have it, but apparently it's not possible to disable the alarm. The car is now parked on the street outside my house and the alarm keeps going off intermittently at seemingly random moments, it's driving me insane.
Thanks in advance for any advice

#3 ·
it is possible to put the alarm into a lower 'detection' state, so it doesn't detect animals / abandoned children in the car...
but given you get bonnet open messages, I would suspect the bonnet switch. I think its a seperate switch from the catch assembly, but can't check at the moment.

#5 ·
ok I checked, and there is a microswitch mounted on the lower latch assembly. then there is a connector.
I think if you unplug this connection, you should be able to test it.
or botch it with a paperclip to connect the 2 wires. - but this must then be insulated and secured somewhere.

see the fourth pic in this ad
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-.../272863632027?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c1

don't get latch p/n 1807331 - it doesn't have the switch
you need 1807332 as above link

you should be able to get just the microswitch from RS components or CPC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.