Ford B-Max Forum banner

Washer jets

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rafa08 
#1 ·
I have noticed a few seconds delay when operating the washer jets. Once activated no problem with subsequent operation. Is this normal on this model. Also, anyone sufferig from smeared windscreens?

#3 ·
My washer jets operate the same, so imagine it's the way they are designed.
As for smears on the screen, give the window a damned good clean lol, use an off the shelf cleaner OR make your own - In a trigger spray bottle put an inch of white vinegar in the bottom, add three drops of washing up liquid and top up with cold water.Put the top back on, give it a gentle shake and spray and scrub with a plastic pan scourer before rinsing with the washer jets or clean water.

#5 ·
During the lockdown there seems to be a lot of dust in the air, more noticeable if your car hasn't
been used too much. I keep a bottle of auto glass cleaner and a couple of rags handy. If that
doesn't work it may be time for new blades.
As far as blocked jets goes, it is sometimes due to bacteria growing in the washer water. A decent
screen wash should cure that. As long as you avoid Halfords own brand, it smells like cat's pee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.