Key question, and Ford servicing - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th October 2019, 21:23 Thread Starter

Key question, and Ford servicing

Howdy folks. I’ve just bought a 62 plate 998cc Ecoboost Titanium, and it’s fab. It has full Ford service history, 20k on the clock, and is in excellent condition. Having read one of the posts in here I happily learned that I don’t need to replace the offside reverse light bulb, as there isn’t one, so y’all have helped already! However, two things if I may: 1) should I continue with the Ford service - what are your thoughts? How much is it? Is it worth it? And I’ve heard you get free 12 months breakdown cover - is that true? I’m planning to keep the car for several years so don’t need it for resale, 2) with both key fobs I got, there are two smaller keys, and I have no idea what they’re for? Any ideas? Any info/help appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 17th October 2019, 10:40

Welcome to you.

My car is coming up 5 yrs old next February. Up to now i've had it serviced and MOT'd at my local dealership where i bought it. I think it's a matter of personal preference whether you use a Ford dealer or an independant for servicing. Obviously you'll pay more for a dealer service, but yes, you'll get 12 months breakdown cover included, so factor that in when comparing price.
Don't know what your keys are !

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 17th October 2019, 19:50

Hi Mrdaved. Firstly, Hywel is correct on the Ford service and free breakdown cover. Regarding the 2 smaller keys, I am guessing could be for locking wheelnuts (though mine came with a socket rather than a key) or non battery ignition keys (though I have never seen one.

If youcan't work it out, you may need to ask who ever sold you the car.

B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 17th October 2019, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdaved View Post
Howdy folks. Iíve just bought a 62 plate 998cc Ecoboost Titanium, and itís fab. It has full Ford service history, 20k on the clock, and is in excellent condition. Having read one of the posts in here I happily learned that I donít need to replace the offside reverse light bulb, as there isnít one, so yíall have helped already! However, two things if I may: 1) should I continue with the Ford service - what are your thoughts? How much is it? Is it worth it? And Iíve heard you get free 12 months breakdown cover - is that true? Iím planning to keep the car for several years so donít need it for resale, 2) with both key fobs I got, there are two smaller keys, and I have no idea what theyíre for? Any ideas? Any info/help appreciated. Thanks.
Do you mean the cut down keys for manual door opening, if battery fails?

I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 31st October 2019, 10:20

I use the Ford dealership as it's literally a two minute walk away.
I get the breakdown recovery included, so I really should cancel my AA membership.
Although that covers me for any car I am in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page