Flexi pipe - Ford B-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th June 2019, 00:00 Thread Starter

Thumbs up Flexi pipe

I have a 2013 BMax 1L Ecoboost 125bhp. The flexipipe on exhaust had come loose and would have failed the MOT emissions test. Was advised by many garages that the whole exhaust assembly would need replacing incl catalytic converter at great cost as Ford only supply the whole assembly not the flexipipe. One garage offered to take out the flexipipe section and re-weld a new one back in - challenging due to proximity of flexipipe to the bend in the exhaust pipe but it seems to have worked very well and was only 70 rather than >600-700. My thanks to Gary and Craig at Altrincham Tyres and Exhausts. Hopefully will last more than 6 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th June 2019, 10:00

Interesting. Thanks for letting us know.
I'm surprised you couldn't get a system from an independent exhaust supplier though ??

John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th June 2019, 10:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hywel S Wales View Post
Interesting. Thanks for letting us know.
I'm surprised you couldn't get a system from an independent exhaust supplier though ??
In my neck of the woods, there aren't too many exhaust suppliers about now. There used to be
lots of them. The few that are around tend to be integrated with tyre suppliers. Maybe as exhausts tend
(in my experience) to last a lot longer now. My last couple of cars were both 9 - 10 yrs old when I
got rid of them, and still on the original exhausts.
Some years back I had a C15 van with 100,000 on the clock, and never had an exhaust problem.
I had a problem with an Accord, but that had been specially designed so that when rainwater ran off
the back bumper, it went straight into the exhaust.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st June 2019, 14:19 Thread Starter

it wasn't the exhaust that went per se, it was the flexipipe (front end). The rest of the exhaust is fine. It had worked loose but was told can't just replace that bit (which is only 10) because it forms part of a complete unit including the cat and is very close to a bend in the pipe. Only way was to weld a new one in place which id seen from a u tube video ( i do love Youtube). Even if i'd got one from breakers yard, it still would have cost a lot to take out other one and fix new one in place - with risk of other things becoming dislodged eg sensors. So i'm grateful to Craig and Gary.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford B-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page