Ford B-Max Forum banner

Clutch heating up.

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Hywel S Wales 
#1 ·
Hello BMax people.
I have owned a 2015 BMax with manual gear change for almost one year. Twice in that year the gears have suddenly jammed while I was driving. I just could not change gear. I waited for the breakdown person the last time it happened. By the time he arrived the gears had become free. He suggested that I was causing the clutch to heat up by some driver error,eg, not removing my foot completely from the pedal, and the clutch was overheating. I have been driving cars, mainly Fords, for 40 years and have not had this problem before.
The Ford dealer has said that they will strip down the clutch and if a part is broken they will replace it at no cost to me, but if there is wear on the clutch I will pay. The clutch is 4 years old, though the car has only 12000 miles on the clock. Is it not reasonable to expect some wear? The clutch is not slipping or showing signs of judder. Have there been any other problems with the BMax manual gears and clutch. I don't know where to go from here. I have only about two weeks left on the warranty.

#5 ·
Clutch rider? Moi?

No. In fact the car accelerates smoothly from zero, and shows no sign of slipping at any time. It's just this sticking of gears which happened in October 2018, and last week. I don't think after 40 years I have suddenly become a clutch rider. I am going to carry on and pay special attention to my clutch habits. I don't know how the clutch was treated for the first 3 years (7000) miles, but I don't think the BMax is a car chosen by crazy clutch riders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.