Ford B-Max Forum banner

ON the hunt

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  gadgee 
#1 ·
Hi all, loved the B-max for a whil3 but the wife has now decided she is on the hunt for a special edition (red?) Ecoboost is what she wants as her next car
Never driven one so curious on the Ecoboost vs 1.4 and any other feedback please

#2 ·
I've had my ecoboost 123 bhp for over 2 years now and it knocks spots off of any 1.4 I've ever had, including a Fiesta. I get over 46 mpg from it, It goes like a 1.6 when pushed and it's about the smoothest, quietest and most refined engine I've ever had. I honestly can't praise it highly enough so far (22,000 miles done since new).

#4 ·
I've been driving for more that 50 years and the 125 ps 1.0 ecoboost engine in my 64 plate Bmax is the most impressive of all the cars I have owned in that period. It is also lovely to drive in all respects. OK so you have to be extremely light on the accelerator to achieve the publicised 55mpg but I can get over 45mpg easily. Cruising at 70mph it is remarkably quiet and for aficionados the torque and engine note is a delight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.