FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Turbo Engines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cianpars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cianpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbo Engines
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:08am
Has anyone tested the 99 bhp and the 123 bhp engines?

I really like the 123 bhp, but ive never driven the 99 bhp version to be able to tell if it feels any different. I know the numbers are a little better, but can you really feel it.

I wonder what the 140 version is like.
B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
Sponsored Links

Gremlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:11pm
I believe the 100 and 125 are identical up to just over 4000rpm
above that, the 100 stays at the 100 output, and its torque drops off,
the 125 continues up to its max at 5200rpm

so you will only notice any difference above:
20 in first
36     second
56     3rd
76     4th
95     5th

the 140 does have more thoughout the range.
cianpars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cianpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:39pm
Thanks Grwmlin, figures are interesting. Not sure how much you can feel it though.
Willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 2:16pm
Hi cianpars

As you can see I went for the 100bhp varient.

Having tested both before deciding, I felt the extra £800 my dealer wanted for the 125bhp varient was not worth the extra outlay.

Performance is not that earth shattering between the two varients in my opinion but you may think differently.

I was not aware the 140bhp was available on the B-Max. I thought it only available on the Focus and Mondeo.

Blimey - 140bhp on a B-Max! now that's just scareyShocked

Edited by Willow - 15 Feb 2018 at 2:23pm
Willow
Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps Deep Impact Blue
gadgee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:10pm
Yes my local Ford dealer has been trying to sell a delivery mileage 67 plate BMax Black with the 140 engine for what seems like many months, certainly since last Summer. It's got a white body, black alloys and a completely black roof, a combination which I personally hate! Maybe others do as well which explains why it's still for sale!
2015 B Max Eco Boost Zetec 125 Tectonic Silver
gadgee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by gadgee gadgee wrote:

Yes my local Ford dealer has been trying to sell a delivery mileage 67 plate BMax Black with the 140 engine for what seems like many months, certainly since last Summer. It's got a white body, black alloys and a completely black roof, a combination which I personally hate! Maybe others do as well which explains why it's still for sale!

Sorry it's a BMax "White" 140 Edition not Black and they are asking about £14000 for it. It's not delivery mileage but a one owner very low mileage car.

Edited by gadgee - 18 Feb 2018 at 8:17pm
2015 B Max Eco Boost Zetec 125 Tectonic Silver
cianpars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cianpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 8:22pm
Offer them 13k for it 😃
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic