FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Sliding door rattle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Parker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sliding door rattle
    Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 6:25pm
My left sliding door has had a knocking sound over every bump on  and off for the last 2 years . Ford dealer tried to adjust the door with limited success.   This has been difficult to diagnose given that Ford seemed to have designed lots of good engineering features to engage the doors . I suspected maybe the runners were rattling .  Anyway in the I seemed to have resolved the issue with a can of  white grease spray from Toolstation  (product code 10203  price £3-19p) .  Sprayed this into the upper and lower door tracks and  door catches.  Car is now silent . Big smile
Parker
Sponsored Links

Hywel S Wales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hywel S Wales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:48am
Well done .. this will help others with the same problem.
John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic