FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Juddering - engine management problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MaxWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juddering - engine management problem?
    Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 1:11pm
We bought our 65 plate 1.6 B-Max Auto earlier this year. It had only done just over 1200miles when we bought it - over 4000 now. We've been experiencing juddering with a loss of power and no warning lights except for the fact that miles per gallon reading goes to ---.--- If we turn the ignition off and then re-start, everything works as normal. We don't think that it can be a drive-train/gearbox/clutch problem but we aren't getting any warning lights to show an engine or any other fault.
We've taken it back to get fixed and they've found:  "2 x HT leads wet at point of coil pack - dried off and resealed." Fault is still happening - any ideas guys?
Sponsored Links

Neil.Mathewson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil.Mathewson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:47pm
Hi
This is an on going problem with this auto box, and Ford know about it.
See earlier posts on this problem (including mine !!)
If your car is in warranty take it in, and Ford should replace the clutch with an updated model which will fix the problem.
If it is out of warranty I would still ask them about the problem as there is an extension on the warranty because of this.
Mine is now fine, so good luck !!
vdragoslav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vdragoslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 8:23am
No more waiting for B-MAX TITANIUM with TITANIUM pack (no "Follow me home" :( ), 1.5 TDCi 95 Frozen white, Driver pack 2, Winter pack and panoramic roof built on 14th of February: I have it! :>
PL13ACU View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PL13ACU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 12:42pm
Good luck, to all who think their automatic B-Max is fine, I wonder how long it will be before they change their minds! My wife's 2013 car seemed good to us when we got it, but has now developed this Ford SHUDDERING Disease. I suppose that was my fault for buying a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)! Ford obviously have never read the Sale of Goods Act - GOODS SHOULD BE FIT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THEY WERE DESIGNED! FORD have you never heard the saying " The Customer's Always Right" They should remember it's hundreds of little people that have made them Big! The B Max Owners Club should arrange a tour from Blackpool to Dagenham as a protest, but this may have an adverse affect, as only 2 or 3 cars might arrive at the Ford plant, making them look reliable! Or maybe not if it appeared on world news -BROKEN DOWN FORD B MAX CARS BRING TRAFFIC TO STAND-STILL NEAR BLACKPOOL! What do you think folks? Let's talk with our feet and say BYE MAX!                                                                                   
RC
number6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote number6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by PL13ACU PL13ACU wrote:

Good luck, to all who think their automatic B-Max is fine, I wonder how long it will be before they change their minds! My wife's 2013 car seemed good to us when we got it, but has now developed this Ford SHUDDERING Disease. I suppose that was my fault for buying a Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)! Ford obviously have never read the Sale of Goods Act - GOODS SHOULD BE FIT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THEY WERE DESIGNED! FORD have you never heard the saying " The Customer's Always Right" They should remember it's hundreds of little people that have made them Big! The B Max Owners Club should arrange a tour from Blackpool to Dagenham as a protest, but this may have an adverse affect, as only 2 or 3 cars might arrive at the Ford plant, making them look reliable! Or maybe not if it appeared on world news -BROKEN DOWN FORD B MAX CARS BRING TRAFFIC TO STAND-STILL NEAR BLACKPOOL! What do you think folks? Let's talk with our feet and say BYE MAX!                                                                                   

I, too, have had numerous fixes, including two replacement (but still 1st generation) Clutch Packs. Late last year (around November) a new, 2nd generation, design of clutch pack was released on to the market, which has worked perfectly, for me, for longer than all of the other fixes put together. It seems that the Class Actions in the USA and Australia have forced Ford's hand, to find a permanent fix rather than 'papering over the cracks'.
I don't share your pessimism and wonder if you have had the Nov 17 onwards clutch pack fitted. If not, demand it ASAP.
I was wrong once but then I could be mistaken.
2014 Bmax 1.6 Powershift Titanium X
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic