FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Ford Options / PCP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
macca352 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macca352 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford Options / PCP
    Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 1:55pm
I was wondering if anyone else has used this? - FORD OPTIONS - car arriving end of November (hopefully sooner)

I was considering for 4 months all of my "options" and in the end decided too go with it.

I have put down £3,650 deposit - 24 month term @ £244 per month and a GMFV of £7500.

My thoughts are, we love the car and in two years we buy it outright - or finance the remaining £7.5k over another two years or thereabouts.

We trade it in and get another b max/ford/bigger car.  The issue is, I really need to cover the £3,650 as in effect if it doesn't, that is money lost.  So I am hoping that the b max will be worth at least £11,150 (GMFV + deposit) - personally I think it will be, even if sold privately, looking at others on the market now - I cannot believe it will be worth less in two years time.

Will Ford offer me more than the GMFV - I would hope so, I am not in a position to hand the car back and walk away with nothing - a car of some description will be needed,  I am assuming they will offer me more than the GMFV, as they will want me to take another agreement like the current one, so I can continue paying them for the rest of my days.  The dealer said they purposely lower this value so that when it comes to the time the value will be higher, meaning I have capital to use as a deposit against the new car - or was he just telling me what I wanted to hear.

I have read on other forums where it is almost unheard of for the dealer to offer above the GMFV.

Anyone had similar thoughts or problems with the options scheme, not getting the GMFV due to excess wear/millage etc
Sponsored Links

dagdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dagdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 1:58pm
Relax, I am on a 24 month options and have recently I made enquiries regarding value of my car verses balance left on finance after just nine months. I owe £9400 and my car was valued by the dealer as worth £10,000 as px so in theory I have £600 to put forward on a new car if I so wish.

Please don't think that you have to wait until the 24 months are up before acting, you can change your car whenever you wish.

I plan to negotiate a new Ford soon as there will be pressure on sales to shift cars at the end of the last quarter of the year just before Christmas.

Altough I love my B Max, I'm considering some of the atractive deals available on the Focus that has just been facelifted.

Dagenham Dave does Cornwall - 1.0 Zetec 100PS Frozen White registered 30th January 2014
macca352 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macca352 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 2:18pm
Thanks Dave

But for me I would be disappointed with those figures.  Surely your car is worth a lot more than £10k after only 9 months.  How much was it from new if I may ask?  I have seen 1, 2 year old ones (zetec) models going for £15k

For me I put down £3.6k deposit.  If after two years I cannot get that amount back in capital, and ideally more from Ford, I will be seriously P***** at Ford. I refuse to think my (will be) two year old Titanium, purchased for in Oct 2014 for £16.2k will only be worth the GMFV of £7.5k in Oct 2014.

If you put no desposit down then the £600 sounds good, but for me putting £3.6k down and getting only £600 back would be bad business from my perspective.

I would think Ford will offer more however as I would want to stay with them, and purchase a new car, probably something bigger such as the C Max

I will sell privately for at least £10k at the very least.

Good option re the Focus, they are very smart from what I have seen.
dagdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dagdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:55am
Everyone's deal is different, I got a deal via the Ford Employee Privilege scheme so I may have got a better deal than some. Basically £1500 deposit and £10429 financed at £156 per month on 24 month / 6000 miles per year Options. An additional £1750 into the mix was from Ford credit for using their finance.
My point is that so long as you accept there is an on-going cost for having a new car in respect of depreciation and finance and you end up owing less than your car is worth when you want to change then the scheme is working.

Dave

Dagenham Dave does Cornwall - 1.0 Zetec 100PS Frozen White registered 30th January 2014
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic