FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Ecoboost engine - any more failures?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wazza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ecoboost engine - any more failures?
    Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 10:38am
There has been a well documented issue with the ecoboost engine failing due to a plastic water cooling pipe near the turbo etc.

Does the newer model still suffer from this? Did they redesign the pipe?
Sponsored Links

wazza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:12pm
Was hoping for some feedback.
Gremlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:27pm
I think you are referring to the degas pipe, and yes there was a design change
search degas ecoboost recall

also worth checking the etis.ford.com website to check if your car has any outstanding recall actions.

Gremlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:03pm
pegleg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pegleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:03pm
Before I bought my car (2013) I checked that the coolant hose that runs from the expansion tank to the turbo was EPDM rubber. I don't know if it came out of the factory that way.
Friend of mine has a 2013 Ecoboost  and that did have a rigid pvc hose which has since been recalled and changed to EPDM.
B-Max Titanium 1.0 125bhp manual City Pack.
pegleg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pegleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:56pm
Forgot to add that my friends car is a Focus.
B-Max Titanium 1.0 125bhp manual City Pack.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic