FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Bmax automatic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Santi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bmax automatic
    Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 5:06pm
Automatic : to buy one or not?
So many negative posts about it!
Can only drive auto
Sponsored Links

cianpars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cianpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 10:07pm
With all ive read, i would be concerned about buying an automatic too.
B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
Santi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 10:48pm
Yep. Will pop in to trustnotaford tomorrow and ask them about it...
Looking at Kia venga or jazz... Unless I see a miracle in the bmax feedback

Met a Trustford mechanic at my local telco and he said to stay away from them for now...every 3rd service apparently needs an oil replacement to keep it Nick...at £160 for six litres of oil! Probably has gold particles in it!
Santi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Santi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 10:48pm
Tesco even
Tewmi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tewmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 7:25am
The issue is that this gearbox suffer from juddering and in some cases at early stage, I recommend you to visit someone that service such cars and have a chat with him. I read on various forums that in some cases it was solved by replacing the seal. This gearbox is used on the fiesta in the USA and their automatic gearboxes are really common and the Ford US know this issue and did a new seal. 
330 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 12:10pm
You would worry though about what to do when out of warranty...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic