FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Are B-MAX owners insular?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
cianpars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cianpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 4:31pm
We are also fairly scattered around the country, so perhaps a Northern club and a Southern club, rally, meeting or something might be more suitable.

I do occasionally go to classic car rallies and see a lot of different old classics, customised versions, souped up versions, restored versions and lots of other things, but a B Max event, I'm not so sure about as we will all have more or less the same vehicle.

Would be interested to hear from anyone customising their B Max though.
B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
Sponsored Links

redfive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 12:39pm
Hi to all club members, just thought i would wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY & TROUBLE FREE NEW YEAR from Leicestershire.
Had a call from my Ford dealer a few days ago
offering me a new B Max, at a very special reduced price, but however pushed he he would NOT reveal what the price was! So, if you are looking for a 1.00ltr Titanium, in silver with satnav, it could be a good buy.
jackkook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackkook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 6:58pm
A Happy New Year to you redfive, my dealer too has some stashed away, but I did not want to change yet, as I have only had this one 15 months, but it has done 25000 miles.
Jack, B-Max Titanium 1.5 diesel,intercooler,SOHC, manual G/B, Moondust Silver,30/9/2016.
redfive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redfive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 10:06am
Thanks jackkoock, similar story with me, mine is 3 years old in January, but has still only done 10,600 miles.
cianpars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cianpars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 1:04pm
Ive pur over 9000 miles on the clock in 11 months. For the past few years, ive only been doing 3 or 4k per year.

I find the b max so comfortable and really enjoy driving it. The 123 bhp engine is a belter.

Ive never known a car get so dirty as the b max though. Im forever having to clean it.

Happy new year to all fellow and fellowess b maxers.

Edited by cianpars - 26 Dec 2017 at 1:06pm
B Max Titanium X 1.0 125 bhp in Magnetic with built in SatNav and rear sensors.
Hywel S Wales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hywel S Wales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 2:19pm
Think all cars are dirty !

Happy(and safe motoring)new year to you all.
John

Titanium X Tectonic Silver 1.0 125ps Eco.
Paul Stolk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Stolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 2:30pm
I do not think a B-Max is an old mans car,perhaps more a car for the sensible.

Classic car meetings give you something to talk about.
Questions about how did you fix it,what did you modify,where did you find the parts.
I reckon most B-Max cars are very much alike and simply too fresh to have extensive discussions about.

Sorry to be so down to earth.

Paul.
Willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:34pm
  1. Insular makem! Definition- ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one's own experience: No - no we'er just old and knackered...Wink well I am...LOL
Willow
Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps Deep Impact Blue
Willow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:39am
Hi Paul

I think it's proably safe to say, the B-Max appeals to those in the Autumn of their years. Hope that's PC enoughWink.

Having said that, I occasionally pass a B-Max driven by a young lady with little ones' in the back. But the majority of drives I have seen on my travells, do appear much older. My father in law has a Titanium and he is 83.
Willow
Zetec Ecoboost 1.0 100ps Deep Impact Blue
Paul Stolk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Stolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:29pm
Dear Willow,

We better get used to more senior citizens because there will be more and more of us over the years to come,as can be noticed in every corner of society.

The car manufacturers have picked up the trend.
More and more socalled SUVs will be put on the market,and rightly so.
With our sore musles and old bones we need cars which give high seat positions and easy ways to get in and out.
Must say that since we were seated high in our KAs and now are seated high in the B-Max there is no way back,gone are the days we had to submarine our way into a low riding socalled sportive car.
The other day i was crawling over the pavement in an attempt to enter the new Fiesta of a friend of ours,the very steep A style was having an argument with my stiff neck.
Specific Japanese cars i find impossible to sit in with my length of nearly 2 mtrs,as such goodbye to the Japanese!

Having said all this,i could not care less about what other people think what sort of car i should drive,and that includes my own relatives!
I have driven all sorts of cars,fancy and less fancy,with people always having someting to say about what i should drive.
What do you mean with "should" ?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic