FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

Anybody used online purchasing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hallii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody used online purchasing?
    Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 10:45am
I did all the research and found a very good deal online so I went for it.

On the first day I was contacted and it transpired that there had been a "misunderstanding" about the Ford finance contribution so that was £1250 more. Then the following dayI was told that metallic was £495 extra (despite them having sourced a car in right colour and given me a delivery date.)

All this despite my being very careful in identifying the spec. of the car I wanted.

I simply told them to get lost( in similar words).

I am posting this in case anyone finds this site and is thinking of buying on the web. Be very careful.

I rang up my local Ford (who had done two dems for me) who were able to get near to the price so I went with them.

Geoff

PS Strange that it is cheaper with finance than without!
Sponsored Links

Sirshambling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sirshambling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 3:56pm
In my experience Ford have been cheaper with their own Finance than without it for a number of years now. I've assumed that they make more money via the Finance deals than they do on the cars they sell.

Perhaps they could just set themselves up as loan dealers and forget about the motors altogether...
hallii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hallii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 4:51pm
Well they are not making much out of me!

I have taken minimum finance (£3000) and will pay it off ASAP.

I am not moaning, £1250 is not to be sniffed atBig smile

Geoff
Merton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 1:33pm
Ihave been offered a discount (£1500) if I take out finance on a new B-Max. When I advised that I wanted to pay cash, I was then told that, if I took out the finance and paid off the balance after 1 month, I would still save a lot of money. I cannot find details of this on the net, put presume that there might be an arrangement fee, an early cancellation fee and interest to pay on the full amount for 1 -2 months? Has anyone tried this. Any idea what the total cost might be on, say £ 15k?
Merton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 1:53pm
It would be helpful if you could indicate the firm with which you had the issues
Regards
hallii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hallii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 2:39pm
I took out the minimum loan with Ford Finance. paid it off after making one payment, I think it cost me about £120, but since I had saved £1250 I consider that a bargain.

Geoff
JOHNWALES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JOHNWALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 5:12pm
I took out the minimum £3000,  first and last payment £142.95,  remaining 22 at £132.95;  overall cost £3210.80 .  I was going to pay it off after the first payment but can't be bothered.   May do so in 8 months time when it does not seem so much to fork out.  But yes there is a £1250 saving.
Jackatbarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackatbarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 11:56am
I bought my 1L ecoboost Titanium online a month ago. I was a bit wary as I have never done this before, but everything worked to plan and the car arrived on time. I saved over £5k on the deal and the car had the extras of parking sensors, spare wheel and metallic paint so was well pleased. I have driven the first 500 miles and everything is excellent.
makem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Jackatbarry Jackatbarry wrote:

I bought my 1L ecoboost Titanium online a month ago. I was a bit wary as I have never done this before, but everything worked to plan and the car arrived on time. I saved over £5k on the deal and the car had the extras of parking sensors, spare wheel and metallic paint so was well pleased. I have driven the first 500 miles and everything is excellent.

Well done! 5k is quite a saving.

I bought mine from a dealer way back in 2012. I would be interested in the full spec you bought, heated front seats, stop/start etc. If you don't mind, how much you eventually paid. I am wondering how the prices have changed since I bought mine.
Jackatbarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackatbarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 2:00pm
Well, I paid £13300 new and the list price with the extras was £18600, but no one would pay that price. It doesn't have stop/start as It is the 100 bhp. The car is the Titanium model and The extras were as I said previously said, the city pack (which is the parking sensors and heated and power folding mirrors), spare wheel and metallic paint but the Titanium is well spec'd in itself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic