FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Ford B-Max Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

We are still growing so don't be shy! Register and say hello today.

We have a Ford B-Max Gallery and all the latest Ford B-max News that is well worth checking out too.

And another new one

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Geriatricus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geriatricus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And another new one
    Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:01pm
Shocked
So I've bitten the bullet and odered a replacement B-Max.
Zetec
1.4 Petrol
City Pack
Spare wheel (pretend type)
Against my better judgement I've accepted the 15" alloys in order to get Air-Con, which the Studio won't allow any more.
Only concession from the Dealer was the spare at No cost; and we used the traditional £2.5K loan for a month to get the discount from that.
If it performs OK, without problems then it will be fine for an old so-and-so like me.

I may be back to get advice on all the fancy bits to turn off!

Geri
B-Max Zetec 1.4 Petrol
Mid 2015 build
Pretend Spare Wheel
City Pack
Sponsored Links

Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 3:45pm
Good to hear the B-Max is that good you're onto your second already!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geriatricus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 6:21pm
Took delivery today, and all went reasonably well.
We'll have to see how the ride is affected by the alloys, and if the suspension is tweaked to accomodate them.
Assessed the 'MyKey' with the salesman and decided it is a complete waste of programming for us. Had a senior moment when faced with the new car and forgot where the damned light switch was! Confused

Geri
B-Max Zetec 1.4 Petrol
Mid 2015 build
Pretend Spare Wheel
City Pack
Graham M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2015 at 6:32pm
waiting to collect my new b max this week hopefully.
zetec, red rush, privacy glass, city pack, eco 1.0t 125 ps, sat nav
makem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Geriatricus Geriatricus wrote:

Took delivery today, and all went reasonably well.
We'll have to see how the ride is affected by the alloys, and if the suspension is tweaked to accomodate them.
Assessed the 'MyKey' with the salesman and decided it is a complete waste of programming for us. Had a senior moment when faced with the new car and forgot where the damned light switch was! Confused

Geri

I am trying to find the latest delivery periods. Was your car built to order or already built?

Mine left the gates on 8th October and my current insurance runs out on 31st Oct. Don't want to have to re-insure before the new one arrives.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geriatricus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:26pm
I went with what was available in their group's stock, so it was as available and not built to order.
ETIS gives the build date in the first week of July and the PDI was done at the receiving branch in the second week of September, with registration in last week of September. (I think the loss of a month's road tax was more than compensated by the deal I got.)

As an aside, do you know how long it takes for ETIS to pick up the reg. number as it reconises the VIN but does not associate it to a reg?

Geri
B-Max Zetec 1.4 Petrol
Mid 2015 build
Pretend Spare Wheel
City Pack
makem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:37pm
I didn't think ETIS picked up the number so have no idea.

If it does then I wonder where it gets it from. In my case the VIN now has a different registration number because I took the number off to keep for my new car and re-registered it with the DVLA. My VIN displays the old reg. number.

When I went for service I had to tell them the new number. I suppose the dealer may enter it when they register it. If so, that would be the date ETIS would have it?

I now have a gate of 8th October and delivery to the dealer during w/e 31st October. That is cutting it very fine as I must be out of my current vehicle by 1st November because I don't intend to re-insure it at my expense. The dealer has promised to deal with it in some way if  my new car does not arrive in time.

I am having roof rails, door and boot protector plates fitted so if the fitting is rushed they will have another problem.

Edited by makem - 16 Oct 2015 at 5:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic